In addition to the defining labels, the concepts of a thesaurus can have other properties.
Some of these additional properties are pre-defined, other may be imported with the thesaurus or may be defined from scratch by the project users.
Custom properties are managed in the Custom elements tab of the Resources panel which is located in the Resources tab of the project dashboard.
To open the Custom elements tab:
- Select the Resources tab on the main dashboard toolbar.
- If the concept tree is displayed, turn it off by selecting Toggle custom elements on the toolbar of the Resources panel. The concept tree is replaced by a list of tabs.
- Select the Custom elements tab in the Resources panel.
Custom properties are managed in the homonymous panel of the Custom elements tab.
To create a new custom property:
- Select Add property on the right of the panel header.
- If there are no properties already, select Add custom property in the center of the panel.
The Create custom property dialog appears.
Under Form type choose the field type between String, Number and Flag.
Form type determines the way the values of the property are represented inside the forms of the GUI and must not be confused with the data type, which is an integral part of the SKOS definition of the property.
Under Value choose the cardinality of the property—the number of values it can have—between Single (one value) and Multi (many values).
- Enter the name of the property in the required Label field.
- Enter the URI of the property in the required Uri field.
Optionally choose a group to which the property will belong from the Group drop-down:
- Type at least two characters in the field. The list of groups whose name matches what you typed will appear below and you can choose the group from the list.
- In any case you can create a new group that will have the name when you typed by selecting Create new group "name" at the bottom.
If you don't choose any group, the property is placed in a default group.
Optionally enter a description in Description field.
- Select Create.
To get information about a property hover over the information icon to the right of the property name. Information will be displayed as a tooltip.
To edit a property, select the pencil icon to the right of the property name. The Edit custom property dialog appears.
You can check and possibly change the same attributes of the property that are available when creating a new property (see above).
Select Save to commit the changes.
To delete a property, select the trash bin icon to the right of the property name.
By deleting a property all the values of the property in any concept are deleted too.
- To edit a group name, hover over the group name and select the pencil icon .
- To delete a group name, hover over the group name and select the trash bin icon .