Create a thesaurus project
Start the wizard
- Go to the main dashboard.
- Select the plus button on the main toolbar and then Thesaurus project.
- If there are no projects, select the Thesaurus project card.
- If there are other projects, but no thesaurus, select Thesaurus on the left menu, then Create your first project.
If there are other thesaurus projects:
- Select Thesaurus on the left menu, then select New Thesaurus project in the Create project area in the right column.
- Select New Thesaurus project in the Create item area.
To quit the wizard at any step:
- Select Exit wizard from the toolbar.
- Select the expert.ai icon in the upper left corner.
Then, in the Save changes dialog, you can select:
- Cancel to close the dialog.
- Delete project to quit the wizard and delete the project.
- Save to save the project and quit the wizard, so that the project can be opened from the main dashboard at a later time to complete the wizard.
Set main properties
- Enter the project name, select the technology version and optionally enter a description for the project in the New Thesaurus project dialog.
- Select Create.
Once the technology version has been selected, it cannot be changed.
- Select project languages in the Project language dialog. The first language you select is automatically marked as favorite . In case of multiple languages, select the star beside one of them if you want to make it the favorite.
- Select Next.
Select how to create the resources in the Project resources dialog. You need to define at least one concept, to start with: later you can open the project to add, change and delete concepts at will.
- To enter concepts my hand, select Create project resources and Next: the Create Thesaurus dialog appears.
- Enter a label for a concept and press
- Repeat the step above if you want to define more concepts.
- Select Next when done.
- To import a definition from file, select Import Thesaurus.
- Browse the file system to locate the RDF/XML format file and upload the file.
- Select Next.
Defined concepts are displayed in two panels, Resources and Edit Concept, where you can edit them. It is not mandatory, you can do it later, if needed, once the project has been created.
Create a library
A training library is not required for this type of project. Libraries are instead used to test the model during experiments and can be useful as a source of inspiration for choosing concepts and their labels.
In the Project library dialog you start creating the default document library for the project. You need to have at least one document in the library and you can add more later.
- Enter the library name in Library name or confirm the suggested name, then select Next.
In Corpora and folders, select the source for the library. You can select an existing corpus or upload documents from the file system.
If you choose an existing corpus, just select it from the list.
You can use these tools to find the corpus:
- Use the search bar to look for a corpus by name. Your search must contain at least three characters.
- Select Show table view to view your corpora in a table format. When in table view, you can sort items by selecting the desired column header.
- Select Show card view to view your corpora in a card format. When in card view, you can sort items by selecting one of the options from the drop-down menu.
The information displayed for corpora is the same displayed in the Corpus info sub-panel of the main dashboard.
Available corpora are only those based on the Tech version you selected in at the beginning of the wizard.
If you choose to upload documents, use the upload procedure.
Check and open the new project
The last step of the wizard sums up project information.
Thesaurus Quality is a measure of how much the default library covers defined concepts.
Select Open project to end the wizard and open the project.