Manage project modules
If you need to have a multi-module project, create an empty project and put modules in it. Do not nest modules.
To learn how to create an empty project, see Create a new project.
Create a module
From the main menu
- Select File > New > Module on the main menu.
- In New Module continue from step 2 of Create a new project.
From the Project Structure window
The Project Structure window appears immediately after finishing the creation of an empty project, but it can also be opened with the Project Structure button .
To toggle the display of the main toolbar, select View > Appearance > Toolbar on the main menu.
- On the toolbar, select IDE and Project Settings > Project Structure
In the Modules panel, select Add on the middle panel toolbar.
Right-click inside the middle panel and select Add > New Module.
In New Module continue from step 2 of Create a new project.
Delete a module
- In the Project tool window right-click the module and select Remove Module.
- In the Project tool window, select the module and press
- On the main toolbar, select IDE and Project Settings > Project Structure.
- Select Project Settings > Module on the left menu.
- In the middle panel, select the module you want to delete.
- On the toolbar select Delete .
- Right-click and select Delete.
- Press `Alt+Del`.