At a glance
Welcome! This is the Studio user manual. This Studio user manual will teach you to create and maintain the "brains" of text intelligence engines based on the expert.ai technology.
The manual is divided as follows:
- Getting started: how to quickly get Studio up & running.
- User interface reference: the complete reference to all elements of the IDE.
- Project structure: the description of the file-system structure of projects.
- How-to-guide: a comprehensive collection of step-by-step procedures that explain how to carry out various development and management activities.
- Configuration properties: the description of the Studio settings.
Read the help page to learn more about browsing this manual.
A professional IDE
Studio is based on the IntelliJ IDEA platform, a well-established IDE for developing software applications. It is adopted by a vast community of developers and designed to maximize productivity.
From now on the term "platform" will be used to refer to IntelliJ IDEA.
The platform provides coding assistance features like:
- Smart code completion.
- Automatic formatting (indentation, white space).
- Syntax highlighting.
- Advanced multi-line search & replace with regular expressions.
- "Find in path" with preview.
- "TODO" comments.
- Find usages of specific rules element.
- Graphical XML editing support.
The platform can be enriched by adding plugins, which can be downloaded and installed either from IntelliJ IDEA website or through the IDE's built-in plugin search & install feature. There are thousands of plugins available, you can for example install specific views for manipulating regular expressions or XML files.
Please refer to the IntelliJ IDEA documentation for all the information about its standard features.