To change the library
Select Select project library.
Select the library of your interest.
The libraries dashboard
Manage the libraries of the categorization project using the appropriate dashboard.
To access the dashboard:
Open the Select project library drop-down menu on the main toolbar.
Select Manage libraries.
The dashboard shows:
- The libraries project list in the Libraries panel.
- Various data about the library in focus in the Edit Library panel.
Change the library in focus
- Select the library in the Libraries panel list.
Add a new library in the project
To add a new library:
- Select Add library in the Libraries panel.
Enter the library name in New library and select:
- Training library, if you want to create a training library.
- Test library, if you want to create a test library.
- Generic library, if you want to create a generic library.
In Corpora and folders, select the source for the library. You can select an existing corpus or upload documents from the file system.
If you choose an existing corpus:
Select the corpus.
If you want to use a corpus, you can use these tools to find it:
- Use the search bar to look for a corpus. Your search must contain at least three characters.
- Select Show table view to view your corpora in a table format.
- Select Show card view to view your corpora in a card format.
- When in card view, you can sort items by selecting one of the options from the drop-down menu.
- When in table view, you can sort items by selecting the desired column header.
Corpora displayed are related to the Tech version selected previously in the the New categorization project dialog.
If you choose to upload documents:
- Select Upload > Add files to add the files you need. Multiple selection is allowed.
- In the Settings tab:
- Switch on Pdf document view to process with the expert.ai Extract technology and view the PDF files in order to work on them in their original format. If not switched, all the documents are converted with the Apache Tika toolkit and used as txt files.
- Select or deselect Enable or disable table and title detection to enable or disable table and title detection
- Select or deselect Enable or disable OCR extraction to enable or disable OCR extraction
- Switch off Autodetect language to disable automatic language detection. Select the preferred language manually from the Select language drop-down list.
- Switch off Autodetect encoding to disable the automatic character encoding detection. Select manually the preferred encoding from the Select encoding drop-down list.
- Select Save as corpus to save your library as a corpus and type a name for it.
- In the Documents tab:
- Display the documents and folders list to upload. They can be deleted by clicking on the X button at the right of the file name.
- Select Upload.
When the upload is complete, a temporary uploaded corpus is created and made available in the window.
Supported formats and limits
Supported document formats are those managed by the Apache Tika toolkit. Documents are automatically converted to plain text files during upload.
Documents are ignored if:
- They are empty.
- They mainly consist of nonsense words.
- Their language is unrecognized or not supported (in case of automatic language recognition).
They exceed the following values:
- 200 MB for
- 1 MB for
- 100 MB for other file types.
- 200 MB for
A library imported into a new project that was previously exported from another project will only be available as a folder for this new one.
Check the library source
Watch the Document sources area.
Add a library as favorite
To add a library as favorite, select Mark as favorite library.
To add documents to the library:
- Select the library in Libraries panel.
In the Edit library panel, select Upload documents .
Select Show advanced settings:
- If you want to disable automatic language detection: turn off Autodetect language and choose the language from the Select language drop-down list.
- If you want to disable automatic character encoding detection: turn off Autodetect encoding and choose the encoding from the Select encoding drop-down list.
- When done, select Hide advanced settings.
Select Add files.
- Select the files to upload.
The selected files are displayed in a list and can be deleted by clicking on the "X" button at the right of the file name.
- Select Upload.
When the upload is complete, a temporary uploaded corpus is created and immediately merged with the current library. After a while the library will be automatically refreshed and the new documents will be available.
Export a library
To export a library:
- In the Edit library panel, select Export library .
- In the Export documents window, Export tab, enter the filename or confirm the suggested one and select the format in Extension.
- Documents are pre-processed when uploaded and spacing is affected. For example, a sequence of empty lines is compressed to one. If you want to export documents with their original spacing, check Include original text spaced documents.
Select the Export filter, to filter the document set to export:
- Confirm All documents to download the whole corpus. (Set by default).
Select Filtered documents to download a filtered list of the documents according to the following available filters:
- Documents with annotations.
- Documents with categories.
- Select Export.
- In the Download tab or in the notification in the lower right corner, select Download.
Edit library name
To edit the library name, select Edit library name in the Edit library panel.
Delete a library
To delete a library, Select Delete library in the Edit library panel.
Change library type
To change the library type, in the Edit library panel, select the icon at the left of the library name, then choose one of the following types:
Information about documents count, languages and coverage
Watch the right part of the Edit library panel.
To check the library usage in the experiments, watch the Experiments strip.
You can see the:
- Experiment name.
- Performance date and time.
- Author of the experiment in the upper right corner.
- Engine type.
- Preferred Metrics policy.
- Precision and Recall percentages.
Double-click the experiment to view it in detail.