Manage templates and fields
In an extraction project, declare templates and fields using the Rules language.
There is no special place for templates and fields declarations, you can put them in any rule file (with extension
.cr) and you can distribute them across multiple files as long as all those files are then imported in a main file with the
For example the
config.cr is suggested, because it's the place where Studio puts the declaration of sample templates and fields when you create a project from scratch and, by default, the
main.cr file contains an
IMPORT statement that includes it at compile time.
You can obviously delete or modify the sample declarations depending on your needs.
Classes tool window, Templates tab
Navigate the templates
- To go up and down, use the scrollbar and keys.
- To locate items of interest:
- In Search enter the search criteria then select Filter .
- Review the results in the Find Results window.
- Double-click the result you are interested in to select.
- Use Reset to clear the search criteria.
- To list a subset of items:
- In the Shortlist column check the items you want to include.
- In the toolbar choose Toggle Checked List .
- Use Uncheck All Nodes in the toolbar to restore the original view.
- To see all the items select Expand All in the toolbar.
- To see only the first level of the items select Collapse All in the toolbar.
- To view the fields of a template select the right arrow head on the left of the template name, to hide the fields select the down arrow head.
- To show or hide the Attributes column select Toggle Description Visibiliy in the toolbar.
- To show or hide the annotations select Show/hide annotations in the toolbar.
- To refresh the rules and annotations counter select Refresh counters in the toolbar.
- To open the
config.crselect Open Config File .